As a Fibre Splicer your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Ensuring all Health and Safety Legislation is adhered to.
- Team player but also has the ability to work individually to achieve KPI’s and achieve set targets.
- Production of Fibre characterisation reports.
- Successful installation of optical fibre cable to Viberoptix required standards, this includes finding faults on the existing networks.
- Testing and Splicing the external optical fibres to ensure that they are in line with the quality standards using EXFP/ILM/OTDR
- Splicing of live network fusion through using a Fujikura 70s or similar
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
- Knowledgeable and confident in using Excel and Word.
- Can produce, update and interpret records of daily work logs, data recordings and network design maps.
- Have vast experience of testing and splicing on a Fibre network.
- Have experience with various types of splice enclosures Corning BPEO’s size 0, 1.5 and 2, Hellermann, Prysmian
- Confident working at heights and underground network when required.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on Health and Safety practices.
- Competitive pay
- 28 day’s holiday a year
- Company Vehicle
- Excellent Career progression opportunities
- In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme and development and training.
To apply for any of the above roles please complete a Monitoring Form and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV or a completed Application Form.